One day, when going through the job applications of dozens of amazing people, I noticed they had all the potential but not the skills we needed as a barista. I had an idea to create an affordable course in a real world café environment that would help people get a job! So here it is. But first, an introduction…
Hi, my name is Katie, and I am the CEO of EATS (Empowering All Through Support). EATS is a social enterprise restaurant that works hard to support children in remote Peru gain access to education and educational resources. We also microfinance small businesses in Peru to help people build a more resilient life and move away from poverty. All the staff at EATS work hard and make every minute count and provide the best customer experience. We all know by doing so we are helping people have a better chance to escape poverty. It is really meaningful work.
Of course these values led us to wanting to help others, here in Australia. So we have an affordable course, in a real world environment that will not only teach you all you need to know about becoming a barista but also hospitality hacks to make sure you can get a job whenever you need one and the opportunity to practice (employers NEED you to have experience, not just a course).
So the contents of the course are as follows:
- 2 hrs
- Limited to 10 participants
- Learn things a barista course doesn’t teach you; starting with confidence, opening/prepping your station, contributing to the team environment, supporting your team, closing and prepping for the next day and more.
- Learn the basics; what types of coffee there are, making shots, tuning in the grinder, texturing the milk, hacks for busy days, basic latte art
- Opportunity to come in during opening hours and practice in a real world environment with continued support and training during those times at no extra cost
- Contact us on social media @eats.1989 with any questions or email firstname.lastname@example.org